Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In Need of Some Color Inspiration?

Well, I have the thing for you today!  I love color palettes, they make my life and selecting papers or colors for any project much easier.  And not to mention that color combinations themselves are just inspiring.  With that said, I thought I would share with you all where I get my color inspiration from (in no particular order).
  1. Color Combos Galore:  The website has fabulous color combinations and prompts.  Also, she keeps a running archive of all past color combinations meaning you have loads of limitless color ideas
  2. Color Stories Inspiration:  This is a similar site to the first that just launched.  However, what I love about this place are the prompts!  Oh the lovely prompts! And the fabulous inspirational photos.  Another fabulous site that I am sure will be around for a long time!
  3. The Color Scheme Bible by Starmer:  I LOVE THIS BOOK.  I ran across it a few years ago a a big box bookstore.  Every time I went in I would run my hands and fingers across the pages with all the beautiful color combinations.  I know it is meant for paint swatches for home decor, but it is great at providing multi color combinations for scrapbooking, paper crafting and artsy projects in general.  You can see a little sneaky peak of it down below.  I just love it, and the best part is it gives you complimentary hues of the main color for each combination.  It also gives a description of the mood that it sets.  Another awesome feature, it's organized by color group.  This little book is a serious must have for me, it goes with me when I travel.

 Hopefully you have found some new places of inspiration for all your color needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment