Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cookies, Men, Glossy Cardstock, and Ghosting


Bet you are wondering what cookies, Men, glossy cardstock, and ghosting have a common huh?  Well, after this post, you will know how they are all related.  As some of you know, my dearest and I are about 1000 miles apart one direction while we transition out of the military and into a civilian life.  As that is the case, things can be tough, and I am constantly trying to find ways to let him know I care about him, even if I am too far away to do simple "little" things.  Recently, he has been talking about how he'd like some snickerdoodle cookies.  They are his favorite and by favorite, I mean obsession.  Case in point:

Me: I was thinking of baking something.
Him: Snickerdoodles?
Me:  I was thinking maybe a pie.
Him: Snickerdoodles?
Me: Or how about some chocolate chip cookies?
Him: Snickerdoodles, please?

We have this conversation EVERY time I bake something, which in my house is fairly often.  Cooking is another loved hobby of mine.  About a week ago, I got the idea in my head that it would be fun to bake him some snickerdoodles and FedEx them up to him. But, I could not just simply send the cookies, there HAD to be a card involved.

A while ago, I got the below stamp set from Paper Trey Ink .  It was the best decision ever.  Finding man themed, and good man themed scrap/stamp items, is like finding the perfect fitting pants the second time, or a real life Unicorn.  Talked about, never actually experienced.  Well, I cannot tell you how much I love this set.  It is one of my go-to sets for all things masculine.  With that said, there are still some images from the set that I had yet to use.  One of which is that lovely Koi you see in the bottom left of the image.