The spine and the cover:
The inside of the front cover and page one. I covered the binding with the brown paper to create additional pockets, and cover up the areas where the folders were attached to the binding.
Page one extended:
Back of Page one, extended, and the start of the second file folder. So this is the center of the book.
Back of the second file folder and back cover:
The front of all the tags. As you can tell, some of them have photos, but most of them are not finished and decorated yet.
I have not completed putting photos as you can tell but nonetheless it is still a spoonful of awesomeness. I think there is something rewarding about good outcomes to good ideas on the first try. It's very satisfying. Reasons why this particular little guy rocks so much:
- It is entirely made from scraps - the only new sheets of paper used were used on the cover. Seriously, that's it, everything else (including the tags) are scraps from other projects!
- It will hold 3.5x5 photos.
- There are 21 tags, with room for more if you wanted it that way.
- I did this in a weekend.
- It is made out of file folders.
- Remember this post? Well all the layouts in here, unless they were my own ideas, were taken from the card sketch websites on that post! That's right, I figured I would show you how to turn them into mini album layouts.
- It gave me a love and appreciation for Distress Ink, which brings me on to my next point.....
Supplies: My Sentiments Exactly, Studio G, Paper Trey Ink Journaling lines, Paper Trey Ink Love and Marriage (stamps); Tim Holtz Walnut Distress, Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip (Ink); Bazzill, Recollections (Cardstock); My Minds Eye, SEI, Making Memories, Chatterbox Inc, Provo Craft, K and Company, Crate Paper (Patterned Papers); Prima (Flowers); Martha Stewart, Stampin' Up! Large Tag (Punch); Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Dies (Tags); Delta Acrlyic Paint; Pink Paislee Anthology Brad (Cover Bling);