Monday, January 30, 2012

Home Decor: Tile Coasters

Hello all my lovelies,

I'm back with another home decor inspirational share. I really like getting the most out of my craft supplies.  And to be completely honest, so does my hubby.  He finds a lot of enjoyment out of my home decor items that I created using my supplies.  Even it I got the idea from somewhere else, it doesn't matter, it's just super cool I can make nice stuff for our little home.  With that in mind, I thought I would share some coasters I made a little while ago with you today.

I love them.  Just love them.  I made a matching set of 4 with marble tiles that I got from the hardware store.  The hardware store sells them in boxes or separately for very cheap.  So when I went I got a whole box!  You can get ceramic or marble, and I have made coasters using both ceramic and marble - I like the ceramic ones better, the rough surface is easier to work with and in my opinion looks better.  But never the less, I love how these turned out.  These were also made with the intention of trying out a new stamp set I had gotten from Stampin' Up!  I love the stamp set, I love the coasters, I'm just in love with them.  Every time I look at them on my table, I am happy.  I got the idea from this Tile Coaster Tutorial over at SplitCoastStampers.  Oh, and the beauty?  All 4 took me about 15 minutes to do!  I LOVE IT.  Super fast and easy!  And in case you are wondering, yes they are color fast - I have soaked these puppies and wiped them dry and the ink doesn't go anywhere.

Supplies:  Marble Tiles; Ink (Staz On Timber Brown, Staz On Jet Black, Staz On Cactus Green); Stamps (Stampin' Up! Sense of Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment