Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A RAK Mini Album

 A friend of mine in the crafting world has been going through a bit of a rough patch.  She is someone that I admire so much for her willingness to help and her open heart (and her wonderful crafting talent).  She has been on my mind and in my prayers and I thought that she might like something that was made for his specifically for once.  Not only am I excited to share this project with you because it is a RAK for someone dear, but also because well it was a super fun and awesome mini to make.  Some of you will remember seeing this same mini album style from this post.  So here is the cover:

 I covered the chipboard with pink cardstock and then covered the cardstock with lace.  There is a tutorial on YouTube found here.  I loved the idea of covering the mini album cover in lace, but I'm not a fan of modge podge.  So before I broke out the huge bottle of loathed modge podge, I thought I would try and see if I could adhere the lace like I would paper, mitering the corners and adhering to the inside with ScorTape.  Well, I am very happy to report, that it worked!  Before covering the inside portion of the chipboard, I adhered lace down to wrap around the mini as the closure.  Once that as in place, I adhered the inner pieces of cardstock for the covers.  This was then attached to the main portion of the mini album using ScoreTape.  I didn't like the spine uncovered (mainly because I used scraps to make the binding and it looked dreadful.  So I covered the spine using some Maya Road Rosette Trim.  Before adhering it, I colored it using Glimmer Mist. And here is what that looks like:

I love how it turned out!  The whole outside has a shabby chic feeling to it.  Because I was not sure what my friend would like to put in her album, I left the inside fairly plain so that she could customize to her own heart's desire.  However, I tried to stay with her favorite colors - Pink and Purple.  All of the tags that you see throughout the mini album are stamped with lines and some fun decorative flowers on one side.  The other side can be used to hold a photo or pure beautiful decoration.  And here is the insides:




Would you believe that his entire mini album was also made form scraps?!  I did not have to use a single piece of new untouched product.  Shows you how many scraps I have.... and also that you can crate beautiful creative projects with your left over bits and pieces. 

Supplies:  Stamps (Unity Stamp Company, PaperTreyInk); Ink (Tim Holtz Distress Walnut Stain); Dies (Spellbinders); Flowers (Prima); Cardstock (Bazzill, Stampin' Up!);  Pattern Paper (K and Company, Tim Holtz, Provo Craft, Die Cuts With a View)

1 comment:

  1. How very sweet of you, sometimes we can only be a ear or a helping hand to those who are going through there own trails and tribulations. But little handmade gifts I think really show that you have been paying attention during those times. You truly are a wonderful friend I am sure she will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete