Friday, March 23, 2012

A Mother's Day Envelope Mini Album

A few months ago, I created a mini album with my mother in mind as part of my Contributor duties at Scrapjazz.com.  I figured that I would also share with you here what I created - since not all of my lovely readers are members of Scrapjazz.com.  So, here is what I came up with:

 This is a quick and simple mini album that I made using some Junk Mail Envelopes - yep, I didn't have to purchase something special, I just turned something I generally find rather irritating and annoying into a delightful experience.  In all honesty, I like getting junk mail now because I know I will have an envelope in the mailer that I can repurpose to something I actually want in the mail!

I had the same page spread repeat through out the album, so the first page of the album is the front side of an envelop, when you flip the page, you are get the above, one envelope with the flap to create a large packet and a large flap and then the opposite page consists of two envelopes.  I folded an envelope at an uneven split, to create two pockets, which I then adhered to another envelope that I have sealed and then trimmer a sliver off one end to create a long large pocket.
 
 And this photo above is what the front side (side without the flap and pocket) of the envelopes look like.  I organized the mini so that I would have the fronts facing one another to give a more open space, just for variety.

For your added reading pleasure (if you have continued to read this far) pop on over to scrapjazz and check out my full article, which also shows you how to use the Bind-It-All.  Mother's Day Envelope Album with Bind It All

1 comment:

  1. wow this is just beautiful..i would like to keep it in mind and will use if i need it for the design of Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete