Monday, March 19, 2012

A Vintage Paper Bag Mini Album

A few months ago, I wrote an article over at Scrapjazz.com about travel themed mini albums.  As part of that article, I put together a fun little Mini Album fashioned after a vintage suitcase.  Here is what the cover looks like:

I wanted my cover to reflect those fun vintage style suitcases that are hardcased with the corners, the beautiful leather straps, and covered with stickers from the places the suitcase has traveled to.  I love those suitcases and always conjure up images of exotic international travel.  I made the buckles using a Stampin' Up! Decorative Label Punch.

Here are some photos of the inside (which I neglected to upload before I posted, sorry girls!):



And some close ups of the pockets, tags, and details:

Isn't this paper line just gorgeous?  It is the Simple Stories Destination paper line and when I saw it I just thought "OMG, I HAVE TO HAVE THAT!"  And it was perfect for this project.  One of the things that I did to give this standard paper bag album some more pizzazz, I used a border punch to create a beautiful border between the pockets, and I also used this awesome tutorial to create the folded flaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment