Monday, March 5, 2012

Card share

Today I thought I would share with you all a little card I made recently.  I've been very interested in shadow and reverse stamping lately.  For whatever reason I have this weird thing where if I am stamping saying floral images I like some to face one way and others to face the other.  But that's kinda difficult with the stamp being made for one direction....... For whatever reason, I find the same image stamped multiply in the same direction weird and irritating, it's a personal quirk. I have tried the stamping on acetate version and I don't really like it, so in this card, I tried stamping directly onto an acrylic block.  The results were more to my liking but not as bold as the stamping directly from rubber to paper, so now I am on the hunt for some shadow stamp blocks.  When I find some, I will definitely be making a post about them.  In the same vein, these shadow stamps are also used to stamp a solid background, another thing I have been playing with.  I used both techniques in the card below and am very pleased with my outcome.


 Also because you may be curious about what I am talking about, here are some links:

This is using Tim Holtz Inks to create a distressed background.  I have Tim Holtz Inks, but I wil be experimenting with my Stampin' Up! Inks to see if it also works with them.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL7UMBUzVj4&list=FLnd9CK8AMsQOiRR5Jk5uzRQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video

The Reverse Image (or Mirror Image) Technique I was talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbiBFC_nIg

And the same technique using Acetate:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/reflection_technique/

Supplies:  Whipser White CS (Stampin' Up!); Crumb Cake Classic Ink, Chocolate chip Classic Ink, Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink (Stampin' Up!); Simply Soft Stamp Set (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment