Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Mixed Media Cover

A while ago I went on a crop retreat with some of my good and dear crafty friends. As part of the retreat we thought it would be fun to have secret sisters. I made lots of cool stuff for my secret sister but the thing that I was really proud of was this:

It's a simple but jazzed up chipboard cover to a Cricut Material Cutting Guide and a Sizzix Sandwich Guide. The cover was fast and easy I haphazardly placed the tissue paper and crinkling it with mod podge. Once that dried I stamped the butterflies using acrylic paint. The Field Notes was stamped in StazOn over white acrylic paint. The brown paint splatters were created using a loaded brush and flinging it to the chipboard.

Supplies:  Tissue Paper from Gift packaging; chipboard; White and Brown Acrylic Paint, Butterfly (Unity Stamp Co); Field Notes (Tattered Angels); Corner Flourish (Fancy Pants);

No comments:

Post a Comment