Thursday, March 15, 2012

Internet Trolling, Pinterest, and a Card

 As some of you know, I have a new found addiction in Pinterest.  Love that thing, it has made it a life saver to organize my crafty inspiration.  What a great idea Pinterest is! With  that said, while trolling the internet, I came across this beautiful work of art:

This was created by Tami Mayberry.  Isn't it just wonderful.  There are many many ways that I could interpret this one.  And will probably be making several different renditions of it in the months to come.  But, today, while making samples, for an upcoming "class" that I will be teaching to some friends, this is what I came up with:
I made this for my own dear mother, for the upcoming Mother's Day holiday (she really likes Red).  It is hard to tell in the photo, but the side closest to the ribbon has been stamped in the same tone with a script stamp (French Foliage).  I then stamped the red flowers (Blessed Mother) over that and added ink spots.  Here is a close up, so that you can see the beautiful details:

I LOVED working on this card because I got to play with one of my new favorite and loved tools, the Spritzer Tool from Stampin' Up!, it is a hand operated ink sprayer. 


Yes you have to use your hand and not a can of air, but for 12.95 you can't beat it!  I love this thing, you can see it in action here.  It adds the perfect amount of ink spray and distress - finally an alternative to my paint brush and flinging acrylic paint (not that that doesn't have it's place). 

I hope that you enjoyed today's share and feel inspired.  If you do, please share the love for both myself and for Tami - who inspired me.

Happy Crafting!

Supplies: Spritzer Tool, Early Espresso Classic Ink, Crumb Cake Classic Ink, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Real Red Classic Ink, Early Espresso Marker, French Foliage Stamp Set, Blessed Mother Stamp Set (Stampin' Up!); Kraft Cardstock (Recollections); Pattern Paper (MAMBI)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gwynn, wink...lol Thanks for dropping by my blog glad I am not the only one with those scars, not bad enough burning the fingers but when it drops on the leg, ouch!!! Love the card you made here and the one above is super cute I can see why you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete