Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fun New Project Mini Album for You!

I am so excited to share with you all my readers my project that I have been working on.  Okay well it wasn't a very long drawn out project, but still it is very exciting.  Why might that be?  Well I was able to play with some of the new nonconsumables that I have purchased lately, but also, is a project that did not require using a single piece of newly uncut Pattern Paper or Cardstock.  Seriously, you probably won't believe me when I show you.  So, with that introduction, I present to you, my "Beauty of the Earth" mini album!

 I dunno if you can tell or not, but this is a shaped acrylic mini album.  I have a rather large quantity of acetate sheets laying around in my craft hoard, from the point in my life where I was really playing around with acetate cards and stamping on acetate.  I used the new Stampin' Up! Sizzix Framelits Labels Die to cut out the acetate into a fun shaped mini album.  Truthfully, one of the reasons I bought this die set was because well, I was dying to try making a shaped acrylic mini album with them!  I have not finished the embellishing of the pages yet, but I did want to share it with you. 
As you can tell, the theme of this album is the nature that I have been blessed to be surrounded by.  That's right, all the photos in this album are of places that I have lived, or stopped along the way to a point in my destination.  I love natural beauty, just love it.  A large part of me is very committed to respecting, loving, preserving, and protecting my earth.

One other thing, you don't have to use brand new sheets of acetate to make this project.  I have another project I will share with you shortly in which I used the acetate backing that comes with my clear stamps to crate an acetate mini album. You can also cut out the die cuts from your scrapbook prodcut packaging - this will also be coming up in another post very soon. 

This was such a fun little thing to work on.  I made this in just a few hours, and LOVE how it turned out.  I'm seriously contemplating making more and selling them or giving them as gifts.  And to be honest, I get excited when I am able to reduce my scrap stockpile a little bit.  The recycler in me has a hard time recycling even the smallest scrap becase I may be able to use it *at some point.*  Hopefully, you have found some inspiration in this post today and have a desire to use up some scraps and create a work of art!

Happy Crafting!

Supplies:  Stampin' Up! (Sizzix Framelit Labels Die; Loving Through Stamp Set; Handbill Headlines Stamp Set - Retired; Early Espresso Classic Ink; Cardstock); Tim Holtz (Paint Dauber in Brown); Unity Stamp Company (Growing In Unity Stamp Set); Prima (Pattern Paper); Bazzill Basics (Cardstock);

1 comment:

  1. Good for you not cutting into any new papers,that is always my plan when I start on a mini but I seem to always find some new sheet I need to use. What a beautiful mini, I can only imagine how great this must look in real life. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete