Saturday, November 12, 2011

Unity Kit of the Month November Sketch Challenge

I'm a huge fan of Unity Stamps.  They're designs are wonderful, their quality is good, and they're reasonably priced.  I have a lot of their stamps, and admittedly don't use them as often as I should.  Frankly all of my stamps are not used as often as they should be.  So I have been trying to make a conscious effort to get the most out of my stamps.  Unity Stamp has a monthly sketch challenge on their blog.  This month's challenge can be found here.  The only require aside from the sketch is that all the stamps have to come from Unity's Kit of the Month sets - doesn't matter which set, just Kit of the Months.  Here is what I came up with

 When I saw the sketch, I immediately thought "Gift Card Holders" and the convenient part is that this little guys are the same size as a regular 4.25x5.5 inch card. So they can slipped into an envelope just like that!  The other cool part: They can be reused in a mini album!  I made sure to put patterned paper on both sides, and use a stamp that is generalizable, so it can be incorporated into those post holiday minis.  Here is a close up of the sentiment/image.
 And the coolest part of this project, is that the tag is actually being held in by a clear pocket! 
I cut down a piece of sheet protector to wrap around the front before I put on the patterned paper on the back. That way the tag which holds the gift card could slip in and be secure.  I am in love.  Thanks Angie for the wonderful and inspiring sketch! 

Supplies:  DCWV Holiday Collection Paper Pack (Patterned Paper); Bazzill Basics (Cardstock); Unity Stamp KOM September 2010 (Image/Sentiment); Offray, Pink Paislee (Ribbon); Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle, Spellbinders Rectangle (Shapes); Glimmer Mist English Ivy and Walnut Gold (Ink); Stampin UP! Cherry Cobbler (Distress)

1 comment:

  1. This is genius! Now that I see this awesome idea...I can totally see how the sketch is perfect!!! :) It's like the sketch was designed AFTER this project!

    ReplyDelete