Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mini Album Scraps Stick Pin Swap - My First Stick Pin Creations

By now, you all know.  I love Swaps.  So here is another swap, which I joined at Mini Album Scraps - which in case you are wondering, is a Disney World for papercrafters.  Seriously, so many beautiful and unique projects put together by some of the most talented ladies ever!  They are friendly, open, and welcoming.  And the best part: such clear and precise rules that are easy to follow which enhance your swapping experience.  Why do I put that there, well because if you have swapped at all, there is always the christmas grinch who ruins it for everyone.  (Off my soap box and shout out).  They are hosting a stick pin swap, and I have never done stick pins, and although I am unsure of what I will be using them on, I wanted to do it, so, I did.  And here is what I came up with!
Supplies: Krazy Glue (Adhesive); Corsage pins (Pin); Beads
Aren't they beautiful?!?!  I just loved how they turned out.  Just so pretty, Very simple, I know, and I have plans of more elaboration in the future, but nonetheless, I like how they turned out.  And as part of the swap, they needed to come with packaging:



The matchbook, I made by cutting a 3/5 Inch x12 inch piece of paper and then scoring at to have a half inch thickness (I placed foam in the inside below the snowflake border to place my pins in).  The snow flakes were put on a piece of acetate and then cut to fit in the window.  Fun, simple project that was really enjoyable.  If you would like a tutorial on the packaging, please leave comments and let me know!

Supplies: Making Memories, DCWV (Patterned Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); EK Success Snowflake border, Marvy Uchida Snowflake, Carl Snowflake, EK Success Snowflake, Spellbinders Mitten Shapes, Spellbinders Label Four Die, Carl Tree (Punches); Unity Stamp Co (Stamp); Stamin Up! (Ink)

2 comments:

  1. I would love a tutorial! These are so cute!! I have no idea how to make stick pins but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and your pins look great!

    ReplyDelete