Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Banner Swap Pieces

If you've been following my posts lately, you will have noticed a theme.  Swaps.  My current addiction, and I'm still loving it.  Swaps are a good way to find others to share your love of all things paper with, and who share with you as well.  You get different ideas, and ways of doing things.  Swaps. Are. Awesome.  Well, a while back, I joined a banner swap.  The concept is you pick a word you want made into a banner, than each person would sign up for a letter to make for that word.  You make several of the same letter (i.e. if you are making a "santa" banner and choose letter A, you would make 5 letters As keeping one for yourself and sending the rest to be divided) and once you send them off, you get the rest of the letters back.  I like banners, and my husband LOVES and I mean LOVES when i decorate the house with stuff like this, particularly for holidays, celebrations, and special events.  So I figured I could build up my banner stash.  The swaps I signed up for were for "Noel" and "Winter."  Each banner piece had to follow a specific color scheme and contain a minimum of 3 different types of embellies, and the letter had to be at least 3 inches tall.

This is what I came up with for the "Noel" swap:

And here are some close up details for your feasting pleasure:

 This was a very challenging banner piece to complete for me, but was definitely worth it.


For the "winter" swap, I came up with this:

 And some close-ups for the details:


 These were a lot of fun to make.  I think because I am a huge fan of the winter time.  I love the crisp cold air, hot mugs of cocoa, snow, and cute winter clothing.  I think my favorite thing on these are the mittens, it took forever for me to figure out how to incorporate them, then make them, but they sure are stinkin cute!

Thanks for stopping bye and sharing in my crafty pleasure!  Once I get the other pieces of the swap back, I will show you the entirety!

Supplies List:

Noel: Die Cuts With a View Holiday Paper pack (Patterned Paper); Fun Flock (letter); Medici Text (Letter font); Tim Holtz Crackle Paint; Making Memories, Bazzil (Cardstock); Christmas Solutions Cartridge (Tree); Winter Wonderland Cricut Cartridge (Holly Leaves); Celebrate it Foam Sequence Balls (Holly Berries); Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist; Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Winter:  Die Cuts With a View Holiday Collection Christmas Stack, DCWV Holiday Collection Winter Matstack (Patterned Paper); Bazzill (Carstock); Celebrate It Snowflake Ornaments; Flower Soft Ivory (Snow); Glitter; Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Chandelier and  Pixie Dust (Poinsettia); Stampin Up! Ink; Making Memories (Button); Fiber (mitten strings); Yarn; Winter Wonderland Cricut Cartrdige (Poinsettia); Spellbinders (mittens)



No comments:

Post a Comment