Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quick Card Share

One of my siblings has a birthday and will be turning 29.  Since I've gotten into paper crafting I have made it a point to make my cards rather than buy them - this also justifies my purchasing of additional scrappy stuff =D  So economical of me.  Anyway, today was the day that I was determined to make his card so that I can send it off and it will be there in time.  This particular sibling is very hard to do anything for, mainly because he doesn't really care much (and not in a bad way), just details aren't a big deal to him and well cards and his birthday are not a big deal.  So I decided to play it safe - and choose the same colors as his fraternity with his favorite and rather patriotic shape choice of Fleur De Lis.  I grunged it up a bit by distressing the edges with black ink just because Royal Blue and Yellow/Gold is a harsh combination together, bright and bold.  I used this week's card sketch from over at Card Positioning Sketches.  Anyway, here it is:



 Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy and may find some inspiration for that certain someone in your life!

Supplies: Bazzill Basics (Cardstock); Stampin UP! Curly Cute Stamp Set (Sentiment); Provo Craft Fleur De Lis (Embossing); Tim Holtz Distress Ink Faded Jean, Stmpin Up! Basic Black (Ink); Eyelets (Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment