Saturday, November 19, 2011

Scrapbook Layout

 I know!  It's been months since I've shared a layout, and to be honest..... It's been months since I've done traditional scrapbooking with paper.  I've made lots of minis, and cards, and other paper related projects.  But scrapbooking..... not so much.  Despite this, there has been a particular handmade frame and some photos laying around that I wanted to get int my scrappy book.  Every time I look at it, I kept thinking " I really need to scrap those photos."  Well the other night, I decided that rather than just saying it to myself, I was for sure going to do it.  Right. Now.



I matched my papers and additional patterned paper to the paper on the photo frame.  My dear friend Mandy made those frames for everyone who attended the crop, and I wanted to make sure and incorporate it into my layout.  That meant color matching and them.  Sometimes I create my own layout design, but when I just want to scrap and get something done (which is a terrible attitude to have about my precious memories) I will uses sketches, only because I want to scrap, not spend hours trying to figure out how to arrange everything!  That was the case the other night, I wanted to scrap, not configure! So I used Sketch #186 from over at Nuts About Sketches.  Slight side note:  I love this place.  I love sketches, and sometimes I have more than 3 photos, but don't want to make a separate book.  Nuts about sketches is awesome, she does ONLY high number photo layouts.  I LOVE IT.  Seriously, check it out and her wonderful design team.

Here's a close up of the flowers:

I love them, made them using the Tattered Florals Die by Tim Holtz, running them through an embossing folder and my cuttlebug and then layering.  Delicious!

Hope you Enjoy!  And as always, I love feeling your love for my scrappy dappy crafty life!

Supplies: My Minds Eye Bella Blvd, Unknown (Patterned Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); Pink Paislee (Foam Letters); EK Success Abstract Flower Punch (Border); Sizzix Alterations Tattered Florals (Flowers); Cuttlebug Textile Texture Embossing Folder; TimHoltz Texture Fade Embossing Folder; Stampin Up! Hostess Set (Stamp); Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler Ink (Journaling Spot)

No comments:

Post a Comment