Sunday, November 6, 2011

Handmade Florals

 I am super excited about today's post.  And here is why:

I made these for a Flower Swap being held over at Mini Album Scraps , and this was my first flower swap!  Ever!  Very very exciting, but I will be truthful with you, I think I enjoyed making the tags and doing up the packaging than making the actual flowers.  (Sorry there are no photos of the tags upclose - I took the photos AFTER I had sealed everything and then remember I forgot to take pics of the tags!)  Making flowers are tough!  And super time consuming, but nonetheless, it was a lot of fun.  And the bonus is that you get to try out different techniques that you (okay maybe just me) would not try otherwise.  Not to mention that this did give me the opportunity to break out my stamps and use them (which I have been terrible at doing recently).

 And some upclose and personals with the yummy flowers that I made.  The Rosette ones were my favorite I think.
To be honest, the amount of detail in the packaging was VERY therapeutic.  I have been soo high stress lately that I took a scrappy break mid-week (which I normally do not do) and just played in order to calm and relax.  And let me tell you, doing detail scrappy paper crafty work is very therapeutic.  When I was done I had a product that I was proud of, a feeling or restored balance and control, and played with techniques, ideas, stash that I may not have otherwise.  All I can say is.... well done! So as the holiday season approaches and you're finding yourself a bit frazzled, upset, unbalanced - take some well deserved you scrappy paper crafty time and get lost in the details.


Supplies: DCWV Mat Stack (Patterned Paper); Bazzill, Joann's (Cardstock); Inkadinkado. Stampin UP!  (Stamps); Stampin UP! (Ink); Spellbinders (Embossing Folder)

1 comment:

  1. WOW, this look beautiful, love the layering you did with the lace and fabrics. I am sure they are going to be well received.

    ReplyDelete