Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thanksgiving in August

A while back, I was the recipient of a very kind and gracious RAK package.  I am embarrassed to admit that too much time has passed from the time of that gift and me getting around to returning the kindness.  With that said, today I thought I would share some of the things I have been working on to include in the returned act of kindness.  The particular person that I am sending this package to, HATES and when I say hates, I mean LOATHES, card making.  But I have also noticed that she is often in need of cards for various reasons.  I thought that it would be nice to include some cards for her for the upcoming holidays.  This is what I have come up with:

I just have to say that the Day of Gratitude Stamp Set is one of my favorites, the images are just beautiful and the sentiment is wonderful and encompassing of the spirit of the Thanksgiving Holiday.  And this is the first time getting to use this stamp set as it was a Christmas gift from last year!  (Thanks hubby).
 Isn't that pumpkin awesome?  I love it, and have my dear friend Shannon to thank for showing me how to make them.  It is definitely my favorite fall thing to do.
 
Eventhough it is August, the holidays are right around the corner.  So I made a set of both designs for my dear friend.  I have some Christmas cards in the making, but those are still waiting for some finishing touches, so today, it is just the Thanksgiving Cards.  I had a lot of fun making these cards, and may even make some for me in the future!

Hope you enjoyed today's share, and have a crafty fun filled day!

Supplies: Bazzill, Stampin' Up! Garden Green, Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Recollections Kraft (Cardstock); We R Memory Keepers (Pattern Paper); Tim Holtz Distress Ripe Persimmon, Stampin' Up Classic Old Olive (ink); Stampin' Up Day of Gratitude (Stamps); Spellbinders Ovals, Stampin' Up! Owl Punch; Spellbinders Lacy Labels, Spellbinders Circles (Die Cuts); Stampin' Up! Square Lattice (Embossing Folder)

No comments:

Post a Comment