Monday, August 6, 2012

Catching Up on My {Real} Scrapbooking

Although I am just as busy as when I am in school full force, I have been finding a little more time to play with my paper than I would normally.  This has meant time to sit down and do things that take more time that usually need to actually scrapbook.  As that has been the case, I have been working on some of my personal scrapbook layouts.  Today I thought I would share some of those with you, so get your cup of desired drink and sit back, relax and read.

1.  Truckasaurus!
I love monster truck rallies, they are so much fun.   My dear hubby took me to one almost 2 years ago, and I took a TON of photos.  When I say a TON I mean well over 300 for about 3 hours of fun.  At this particular rally, rather than having the demolition derby, they had truckasaurus.  I'll be honest with you, until this point, I totally thought that Truckasaurus was only something you see in an episode of the Simpsons.   Either way, I came home with a ton of photos that have been sitting and waiting for the perfect day with the perfect photos.  So, here is the first of several to come:

 
For this layout, I used some of the retired Well Worn Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! (totally should have gotten more) it went so well with the rough and tumbleness of a Monster Truck Rally.  The Layout is based off a sketch from NutsAboutSketches, and can be found here.  For the time being, I have left this one rather unembellished, but that may change.  I have been having a hard time with these photos, so I am letting them sit for as long as they need to.
Supplies: Stampin' Up! Well Worn (Pattern Paper); Bazzill, Recollections, Stampin' Up! (Cardstock); Making Memories, Chatterbox (Chipboard Letters); Silver Acrylic Paint (Ranger Tim Holtz)  

2. Kitty Litter
My hubby and I are still young and in a young marriage, which means no babies, as of yet.  But we do have a little fur baby.  She was a gift to me for my birthday 3 years ago.  She is often the source of many of my layouts, and is our fur baby - part of the family.  She is our mischief maker, and on this particular occasion, she was making her home in my Scrap basket.  It is one of her favorite places to play (and on occasion sleep).  Here are the photos that go along with this one:



 I got the sketch from Creative Scrappers, and it can be found here.  One of the other things that I have been working on is mixing up my tittles.  I have always been terrible, and I mean terrible at mixing type fonts and letters from different packaging.  I love the look of it, but for whatever reason I struggle, so as I begin to run low on different letters from different packages, I have been working more at doing mix and match.  On this layout although it was difficult and took some time, I am very happy with the end result.
Supplies:  SEI, Basic Grey, Unknown (Pattern Paper);  Bazzill, Stampin' Up! (Cardstock); Making Memories, American Crafts, Pink Paislee (Letters); Ticket, Journaling Spot (My Mind's Eye); Jolee's (Embellishments)


 
3. Visit L.A.
I am ashamed to say that these photos have been sitting around WAY too long.  Primarily because well, as hard as this may be to believe, I don't have any travel themed scrapbook paper and supplies!  I have started to collected travel themed things, but as any collection takes time, so does collecting travel themed craft supplies. These photos were taken on our first ever visit to Los Angeles, and let me tell you it was an eye opening first experience.  Here are the photos and the layout along with the photos.

 The sketch for this layout came from Nuts About Sketches and can be found here.
Supplies:  Karen Foster, SEI, Simple Stories (Pattern Paper); Bazzill, Stampin' Up! (Cardstock); Making Memories (Chipboard); Maya Road (Felt arrows); iTop Brads (Tools/Embellishments)


Thats all for today!  Thanks for hanging out with me, I hope you enjoyed looking and reading as much as I enjoyed creating.  Have a crafty fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment