Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crafty Favor for My Mother

A few days ago, my mom sent me a text message wanting to know how quick I could send her some thankyou cards, or if she should purchase them.  (As if anyone in my family should be purchasing cards for anything ever again......) In response to that, I made and sent some cards to my mom to send to participants of a recent job interview for her.  I struggled for a little bit thinking of how to make some cards that would be fun, but tasteful in the corporate world.  This is what I came up with:

 I made a box to go with the cards, but I wasn't able to ship it with the cards at a reasonable price to get them there when she needed them, so I still have the box.  My mom's favorite color is red, which is why so much red, and I wanted them to be elegant yet simple given the context for which they were being given out.  The inspiration for this card came from this blog.  She created a very beautiful and simple card.  I stepped it up a notch and added the background medallion stamp (it's one of my favorites from Stampin' Up!).  And here are some close ups of the cards and details:
 Little secret about that ribbon, it is white.  I colored it black using my black Copic Marker as I was in a pinch and the stores were closed.
I hope you enjoyed today's share and feel inspired to have fun and create!

Supplies:  Memory Makers, Stampin' Up! (Cardstock); Stampin Up! Real Red, Tim Holtz Distress Black Soot (Ink); Stampin' Up!  Medallion (Retired), Stampin' Up! Kindness Matters, Stampin' Up!  Because I Care (Retired) (Stamps)

No comments:

Post a Comment