Sunday, August 12, 2012

Monster Jam Infamy, Gravedigger

If you have been following my posts lately, you will have noticed a theme involving travel vacations and Monster Truck Rally photos.  Today is no exception to that rule, I will be sharing a Monster Truck Rally layout {GASP}.  This one is also special, just like the Truckasaurus one, but not for the same reason.  The layout I am about to share is special because it deals with my love's favorite part of the Monster Truck Rally, Gravedigger.  Gravedigger is always by far the coolest truck of them all, he breaks the rules, and his truck quite often.  Both of which equal a good night.  So, here is the layout:


I used a 2 photo sketch from Creative Scrappers, and the specific sketch is Sketch 219 (clicking on the two previous words will take you right to it).  When I saw this sketch I almost passed it by, until i remembered my Tim Holtz gears die, which has only been used once (eek!) when I tried it out on scraps just for fun....... I bought it for a purpose I promise, the purpose was a manly one, and TADA Gears Die to the rescue!  I thought that gears would be the perfect addition to this sketch and the monster struck photos, right along with my version of Gravedigger.  If you are curious where I got that cute little guy from, you can find it at Designs on Cloud 9, the name of the file is Monster Trucks.  The other awesome thing about this die - the graveyard die cut.  I bought that graveyard die almost 3 years ago, shortly after me and my hubby got married.  I am again ashamed to say, first time I have ever used it, but the wait was well worth it.  When I showed this finished bad boy to my hubby all he could say was "That's Awesome Babe!"  (He really was excited, promise.)  He then proceeded to tell me his favorite part of the whole thing was "that awesome graveyard" (score for me).

I hope you enjoyed today's share and feel inspired.  Have a fun crafty inspired day!

Supplies:  Stampin' Up! Well Worn (Retired) (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); Stampin' Up! Cajun Craze, Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade, Tim Holtz Distress Black Soot, Stampin' Up! Marker Basic Black (Ink); Paper Accents (Tag); Designs on Cloud 9 Monster Trucks File (Paper Peicing); Spellbinders Grand Labels, Spellbinders Graveyard, Tim Holtz Alterations Gears (Diecuts); SEI, Doodlebug (Letter Stickers)

No comments:

Post a Comment