Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Playdate

One of the things that I love about my relationship with my hubby is the way that we play together.  I am a very playful person and enjoy having someone to play with.  With that said, there are very rare times in which he is willing to snap the photo or be the subject of a photo when we are playing.  A few months ago, one of those rare days where he felt up to being both the subject and the photographer, we got some photos of us goofing together.  This weekend, I finally got around to scrapbooking them.


I was super excited about this layout for a few reasons.  First, a while ago, I went through a Basic Grey phase, I still love Basic Grey, but I had a phase where I HAD to have EVERY SINGLE LINE.  The most unfortunate purchase as a result of this phase was the Obscure paper line.  I'll be honest, I have NO IDEA why I bought it.  It's not my style, I have no idea what to do with it, and my husband when I asked him for ideas told me it was really ugly and he had nothing to help me out with.  Either way, when I went to the Scrapbook Expo Crop, I packed it as the paper I was going to use.  This paper will be used since I bought it!  I have to say, I LOVE the way that it turned out.  Never in a million years would I have thought I would like the final product.  AND to top it all off, when I got home and showed my dear hubby, he didn't even notice what paper it was and liked the way it turned out.  Second, I got to use my new Tim Holtz Vintage Camera die.  I am in love. 

And just some notes on the layout:
1.  I used a sketch from the sketch eBook published by Creative Scrappers. You can find it on their website.  http://www.creativescrappers.blogspot.com/
2.  To get the shinniness on the camera, I used the Sakura glitter pen.  I love that thing.

Supplies:  Basic Grey Obscure (Pattern Paper); Bazzill Raven, Bazzill White (Cardstock); Felt Stars (Maya Road); Foam Letters (Pink Paislee); Tim Holtz Alterations Camera Die; Stampin' Up! Basic Black Classic Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment