Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Winter Road Trip 2011 in Summer of 2012

Just so you know how far behind I have gotten in my scrapbooking........  2 years ago I was 100% caught up to current happenings in all of my scrapbooks.  I am now, 2 years behind in my scrapbooking - today's share is from Christmas 2011.  Before we moved, I wanted to make sure and hit some popular Washingtonian spots.  Over Christmas break, we decided it would be the perfect time to visit Leavenworth, WA.  For those of you not from the area or have never spent time in Washington, Leavenworth is the Bavarian village right before one of the mountain passes.  I love snow, I love winter, I love driving in the snow in winter.  So, I took a lot of photos on the drive up to Leavenworth - it was a gorgeous drive.  And here is what I did with them:

 Pretty huh?  Sorry for the poor quality photos, my camera has been misbehaving lately and I am unsure why.  The sketch came from Valorie Salmon over at Got Sketch? and this particular layout can be found in this post.  I love this whole layout, the papers are pretty (I love winter papers), the embellies are pretty, but what makes it my favorite is the title - it came out very well and that was exciting.

The banner was created using Stampin' Up!s Postage Stamp Punch and a snowflake punch.  I love the look and feel of postage stamps, always have.  And I thought they would go well on this layout.  So I took scraps of white paper and folded them over and punched.  I then took an old snowflake punch that I have and punched out some snowflakes and adhered them to the banner pieces and attached to the fiber.  By the way, that fiber is about 10 years old - it is part of the LOT batch I bought from eBay when I first started crafting and fiber was all the rage........

The journaling spot I made using my Spellbinders Grand Dies and some cardstock that I had preprinted with journaling lines.  I keep several different colors of cardstock with journaling lines printed my printer on hand.  I started doing this a few years ago as a means to save money and get the designs that I wanted for my journaling spots - and as a result, I spend less on pre-made journaling stuff.  Why buy them when I can easily make my own that fit my needs, style and tastes?

Here is a close up of the banner details:

 I hope that you enjoyed my little share and feel inspired! 

Supplies:  Bazzill Basics, Stampin' Up! (Cardstock); DCWV (Pattern Paper); Postage Stamp Punch (Stampin' Up!); Snowflake Punch (EK Success); Chocolate Alphabet Stickers, Metal Embellishments (Making Memories); Snowflakes (K & Co); Die Shape (Spellbinders); Corner Rounder (We R Memory Keepers)


No comments:

Post a Comment