Saturday, June 16, 2012

Whimsical Grungy Fun

Hello all my lovelies, today, I thought that I would share another layout with you.  If you have noticed, much of my blog has been about all the wonderful swaps that I have been participating in over at Mini Album Scraps.  I love to swap, but if I am swapping, I am getting further and further behind in my own personal albums.  And believe it or not, at one point in time, I was UP TO DATE in my albums!  I am sad to say that's not the case anymore..... I never realized how important it was to me to be up to date until I fell behind.  So, I have been scrapbooking rather than participating in swaps as of late.  This is a layout that I did recently:

 I used a sketch from Becky Fleck's June 2012 Page Maps which you can find here.  This was such a fun little project to create, probably because it was the first in a while where I have been able to get down and inky.  I love playing with paint on my layouts and creating that messy whimsical feminine grunge look.  Buy sometimes the thought of having to wait for the paint to dry is a deterrent to me doing it.  Well on this particular occasion, I was just determined to use paint, even though I was in a time crunch.  This left me in a dilemma of how to use acrylic paint AND speed up the drying time.  And thus was born my genius idea:  USE A BLOW DRYER.  And it worked like a charm, granted that the larger splatters were dry on the surface and still wet in the center........  Either way, it still turned out wonderfully.  I also created splatter by using the clogged sprayer from one of my tattered angels bottles.  I didn't want to let the gorgeous glimmery goodness in the clogged sprayer to go to waste, so I saved it and then flung it at the paper to get the spots.  I did this to all the pieces of paper before adhering them and layering.  Oh, and check out the flower (I was particularly proud of this bad boy):

 I made this flower by following the tutorial found here .  It's a really well done YouTube tutorial.  The flower is made out of coffee filters.  Before assembly, I also splattered all the individual pieces with paint and the turquoise glimmer, dried it with my heat gun and assembled.  The center I did using my new tool the Imaginesence iTop Brad Maker (I am so in love with this thing, it is almost a rival to my beloved George).  The brad was made with satin fabric and a light green lace that I layered before assembly.  If you like to create your own brads, or have a unique look to them, seriously, get the iTop it will be well worth it.

And lastly, a real quick closeup of the distressed journaling spot. 

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my crafting creations! 

Supplies:  Pattern Paper (DCWV, Three Bugs In a Rug); Ink (Tusineko, Tattered Angels, Stampin' Up!); Cardstock (Stampin' Up!, Bazzill Basics); Stamp (Unity Stamp Co); Trim (May Ats); Alphatbets (Making Memories, Unkonwn); Die (Spellbinders); Tools (Stampin' Up! Sprtizer)

No comments:

Post a Comment