Monday, June 25, 2012

Thank Goodness for Small Breaks and Crafting!

As some of you may or may not be aware, I am a full time PhD student, and well that can create a lot of chaos and uncertainty in life - not to mentions wrecks havoc on your crafting time!  But with school, also come breaks, and I had a short 5 days of break between quarters recently.  Because of the short break, I got in major craft time, and I mean major craft time!  Today, I thought I would share with you the layout that started as a junk project and least favorite and turned into one of my all time favorites.

 Believe it or not, the background was the serendipitous mistake from another layout.  The text paper was being used on another layout as a background, and when I finished the layout I decided I hated that paper for the background.  So I ripped it off, but I just hate wasting my scrapbooking paper - even if it is ugly junk, I just can't part with it.  So, I went about using scraps to create a background - the purple floral is covering up the hole that was created from the ripping and tearing from the above mentioned other layout.  I used the sketch in this post from Creative Scrappers.

Because the background was already started down the grunge path, I decided to do some stamping with acrylic paint and bubble wrap - I keep some different size bubble wrap on hand for stamping.  I then created paint splashes with some shimmering acrylic paint and a paint brush.  Because I am impatient, I dried it with my blow dryer!  Those stamps come from the newly released Stampin' Up! stamp set Postage Due, super yummy French inspired images.  Here are some close ups of the details for you.



Thanks for stopping by, and as always, if you love it, leave a comment!  Everyone likes comments.

Supplies:  Anna Griffith, Unknown (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); Postage Due Clear Mount Stamp Set (Stampin' Up!); Apple Crate. Luminere (Arcylic Paint);  Seam Binding (ThePaperBagLady on Etsy); Glitz (Alpha Letters); Ink (Stampin' Up!); Martha Stewart (Paper Punch); Tab (7gypsies)

No comments:

Post a Comment