Friday, January 21, 2011

Something New For Me

I consider myself a papercraft but really that means that I do Scrapbooking and have recently ventured into Cardmaking - and of course the occasional altered item.  However, making USEFUL items out of my overflowing stash is a foreign concept to me.  So..... When I saw the most recent Scrapwhispers blog hop tutorial, I had to give it a shot.  It is a for a Gift Bag, and I figured with Valentine's Day around the corner I could make my hubby's gift wrapping early (I can post this because I know he doesn't read my blog, at least yet).  Thus, my wonderful creation and first attempt at a gift bag entirely made by yours truly!

Supplies: Patterned Paper (Carolee's Creations); Mulberry (Joann's); Cardstock (Joann's); Vellum Tag (Joann's); Chain (Beadalon); Ribbon (Spool O' Ribbon); Eyelets (Unknown); Die (Spellbinders); Stamps (Unity, Unknown); Ink (Ranger, Tattered Angels, Tusineko); Mask (Tattered Angels)


The best part about this project for me was the fact that I got to use up some paper that I was about to donate to the used paper gods primarily because it was so darn ugly.  However, folded up into a nice little gift bag and the paper took on a whole new life of it's own.  I wanted this gift bag to look "store bought" but with the handmade touches my dearly loved loves so much.  Hence the gift tag, that is attached to the bag with a chain through one of the holes. 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Thank you for the kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! LOVE that you used paper you thought was ugly! Makes me look at my pile (very large pile) differently:) LOVE those turtles! So cute:) THANKS for inspiring!

    And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! SO glad you enjoyed my creations:) THANKS for making me smile with your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete