Saturday, January 22, 2011

Color Combos Galore #176


 This is the reveal for this week over at Color Combos Galore.  It is such a luscious color combination.  It reminds me of summers in the South, sitting on a wrap around porch eating fresh blueberries.  Subtle. Lovely. Vibrant. The prompt was to use clouds on the page.  Clouds conjure up associations of the celestial, heavenly, surreal.  With all of these thoughts came this specific picture in mind.  One of those rare moments where sentiment of the heart  is caught on camera.  I really wanted something that captures all that I feel in the picture.  Lyrical.  Whimsical.  Nostalgia. Depth.
Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill, Joann's); Patterend Paper (Paper Pizzaz, Unkonwn); Inks (Tattered Angels, Sakura, Tsuineko); Paint (FolkArt); Vellum (Joann's); Letters (American Crafts); Stencil (Tattered Angels); Rhinestones (Zva, Recollections); Ribbon (Michaels, Unknown); Stamp (Tattered Angels); Clouds (ProvoCraft Give a Hoot Cartridge)
So much going on in this layout!  It took a while to put together.  Laying the ribbon down took about 2 hours, mainly because the first two go arounds did not work out very well so I had to pull it up and redo it.  Twice.  I finally ended up ruffling it and then stitching the sides to adhere it to the page.  This allowed me to push the ruffles to either side of the photo without losing anything and having a flat part under the photo so I could put the photo on top of the ribbon without too much bumpy bulk.  I hate bumpy bulk under photos.  Oh!  But before that part, was the painting of the cardstock and patterned paper.  That had to dry overnight.  Dry brush and splatter.  The clouds.... this was my favorite part.  (Back Story)  I recently went to a crop where I was complaining about ALL OF THE VELLUM I bought back when it was cool. Yah, I made THAT mistake.  Well I still have it and had no idea what to do with it.  My lovely croping buddy Shannon suggested that I emboss the vellum.  Shannon is a very talented scrapbooker and cardmaker.  Today I am thankful for her suggestion.  The clouds were cut with my Cricut and the Give a Hoot Cartridge.  I then inked the edges and ran them through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder.  The white cardstock ones, done the same way only with a Spellbinders impressabilities.  I. am. in. love.

No comments:

Post a Comment