Sunday, February 9, 2014

Its A Post AND A Card!

Okay, okay.  I admit it I've been a HUGE slacker, and what can I say other than, Life has been calling me and I have been answering?  And with that said, after weeks and weeks of not being able to play, I had a chance to sit down and play with some paper.  To get my creative juices flowing, I have been joining in on the fun over at Papertrey Ink and their 7th Anniversary fun.  As part of that fun, I created the following card:

Fun right?  The challenge was to use both a color scheme and sketch from those provided in a nifty little handout.  I got to use one the first stamps I EVER purchased from PTI, and remains to this day to be one of my favorite.  If you are able to see the ever so slight detail, I also tried a technique called Faux Silk, which is really adhering crinkled tissue paper to a piece of cardstock.  And I love it, such a lovely subtle texture.  That's it for now, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:  Mehndi Medallion, Inside and Out: Birthday (Papertrey Ink Stamps); American Crafts (Ribbon); Bazzill (Cardstock); Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, VersaFine Black (Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment