Friday, September 27, 2013

Layout: After Snowfall

Hello!  Today I want to share with you a layout that I created incorporating some beautiful metal pieces I ordered a while back.  When my order of lush metal arrived, I showed my husband and he said "Hey! Those look like Snowflakes, I bet you could use them like snowflakes on a layout."  So, I have to say that my darling husband helped me find the inspiration for this awesome layout.  And here is the layout:


You cannot see it well in this particular photo (I am not sure why this photo looks a little dark), but the background has an ombre/gradient effect with the top portion being a light blue and the bottom third being a steely blue.  I got this by placing the metal upside down on a piece of plain white cardstock.  I then sprayed the top portion with a light blue glimmer mist (Patina), took the sprayer from the Patina bottle and placed it in my bottle of Twilight glimmer mist (because the sprayer on the twilight is plugged) and sprayed the bottom portion with the Twilight glimmer mist.  Although switching the sprayers was very irritating, I think it turned out really well.  Once the background was dry, I took the metal pieces off and flipped them over and used them as an additional layer of snow flakes to create a foreground/background look.  In order to add the mood and feeling of a snow day, I matted the pattern paper and photo in black cardstock.  And here are some close ups (with a more true color as well):

I hope you have enjoyed my share today.  If you like the metal, pop on over to my friend's shop and splendor in all of her beautiful metal for crafty projects.  http://www.zibbet.com/ButterBeeScraps

Supplies:  (Cardstock) Bazzill Basics White, Bazzill Basics Raven; (Pattern Paper) Stampin' Up! Winter Frost Designer Paper Stack, Heidi Swapp Album Tabs; (Embellishments) Echo Park, My Mind's Eye, Silver Filligree Embellishment #167S-P, Silger Filligree Embellishment #286-P; (Letters) Little Yellow Bicycle; (Ink) Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Patina, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Twilight, Studio Calico Mister Heuy's Opaque White

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I LOVE the alphas and the metal too, and the graduated misting is really effective. Brrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete