Monday, January 21, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I know it has been ages since I have posted anything crafty and fun, please forgive me!  I have hoped and wished that I could be a regular poster but unfortunately with the chaos and business of my life, posting will be sporadic.  I know, sad days.  However, I have had some extra down time recently and thought it would be nice to use it to post some crafty inspiration and shares with you all.  So, I am starting the New Year off with the Old Year.  The layout I am sharing today was created in December and left on my desk while I left the country.  I finished it when I returned from my extended vacation.  And here it is:


I struggled with this layout a lot.  This was started for a challenge over at Scrapjazz, in which we were to use a Christmas Song as the title of a layout - Christmas themed or not.  I love Winter time, I love everything about the Winter season - the snow, the cold, the short days, the crisp clear days, wood fires.  All of it.  So when I saw the challenge, I immediately thought of all the photos I have of Winter.  The scalloped piece of paper was cut from a piece of 12x12 DCWV paper.  The snowman was originally part of the pattern paper, and I turned it into it's own embellishment - in the same spot that I cut it out from.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day full of creativity!

Supplies: Die Cuts With a View (Pattern Paper); May Arts (Ribbon); American Crafts Thickers, Pink Paislee (Letter Stickers); Martha Stewart Skylands Punch (Border Punch); Spelbinders Scalloped Labels One, Spellbinders Labels One (Dies); Recollections (Embellishments)




No comments:

Post a Comment