Sunday, January 27, 2013

Good Times In Korea

I recently took a 2 week vacation to Korea to visit family.  It was a great time filled with lots of food, touring, and sleeping (always a plus in my busy life).  This trip happen to be my husband's first trip to Korea, and so this trip also held special meaning.  As that was the case, I got started on scrapbooking the photos I took while we were there right away.  Today, I thought I would share some of those with you.  They are all two-page layouts and are based off of sketches provided by Allison Davis and Scrapbook Generation.  And here are the layouts:

1.  Paris Baguette
  • In my experience the delicisans of Korea have not always been that fabulous, but as this was my husband's first trip and he was curious to see what they tasted like, we went and got some at the local grocery store on the corner.  He was super excited, and after this experience we frequented the place fairly often.  This is a layout about his first experience with Korean bakeries.
Supplies: Die Cuts With a View (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); American Crafts, Making Memories (Alphabets); Die Cuts With a View (Embellies)
 
2.  Korea By Train
  • Korea is not a large country, you can travel the whole country by train in approximately 2 hours.  On this trip to Korea, my family and also traveled from Seoul to Busan.  I love the Bullet Trains of Korea, they're just awesome, so going to the train station and riding the train is always a pleasant experience.  As this was my husband's first trip on the Bullet Train I also took photos of this.  
Supplies: Graphic 45 Bird Song (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); Prima Flowers, Graphic 45 Bird Song Chipboard (Embellies); Korean Calligraphy TTF, Graphic 45 Bird Song Stickers (Alphabets); Spellbinders Labels 8, Stampi' Up Butterfly Embosslit (Dies)
 
3.  Welcome to the Market
  • One of the things that Korea is most well known for are the open markets.  The open markets of today still exist where they originally were in the old days.  There is a market at each cardinal point of the city, and is the place where most of the commerce of the city happens.  I love going to the markets, they are full of life, food, fun things to buy, and busy people.  TONS of busy people. The cool thing about this layout was that on this particular trip to one of the markets I was able to find Korean themed stamps made in Korea, which I used on this particular layout.
Supplies:  Graphic 45 Bird Song (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); Ssomi (Stamps); Graphic 45 Bird Song Stickers (Alphabet); Spellbinders Lacey Circles (Dies)

No comments:

Post a Comment