Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Endless Beauty

          I love the sunsets that can be seen from my childhood home, they are a continual reminder to me of the glory and grace of my Lord.  For me, sunsets put a lot of life into perspective.  I have been holding onto this particular photo for ages, and I am unsure of why.  I have put it into numerous crop kits to get scrapbooked while away and I just never got around to it.  I immediately thought of this photo when I saw the January 2013 Scrapjazz Get Messy Challenge.  The challenge was to get inky and messy - use our mediums to create a layout - and that is what I did.  I pulled out the colors that are reflected in the photo and a set of swirl stamps which I had never used before despite having for 5 years.... This was a gorgeous and simply layout for me, but despite it's simplicity it turned out wonderfully.  As part of my self challenge, I added white rub-ons to a dark part of the photo and incorporated it into the design.  Another exciting part of this layout was that I got a chance to use some of my new Cheery Lynn dies and my handmade journaling cards.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my crafty adventures.  Have a crafty inspired day!

Supplies: Basic Grey (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Cardstock); Dear Lizzy American Crafts (Alphabet Letters); American Crafts (Rub-On); Tattered Angels (Ink, Butterfly Mask); Prima Build-a-Swirl (Stamps); Cheery Lynn (Die); Making Memories (Butterfly Brad)

No comments:

Post a Comment