Friday, January 27, 2012

A New Beginning: Art Journaling

I know that I have been missing in action lately. Primarily because my life has just been that out of control! But have no fear I will be posting and updating regularly again and plan to be on the ball by the end of the weekend! With that said, some of you may be wondering what I have been up to. Well let me share:



This page is not finished.  I'm waiting on some new crafty goodness to get here, AND the journaling prompt is very personal and not very appropriate to share.... which leads me into why I've started Art Journaling....

I have been thinking of starting an art journal for some time. I am in love with the idea and it aligns nicely with many of my life philosophies. I love my scrapbooking but sometimes there are thoughts and feelings that just. Don't. Go. In. Scrapbooks. They are personal moments of thought. And well I used to keep a journal but to be truthful no matter how cathartic I found it if I have to choose between time writing even more and crafting I'll choose crafting. No questions or second thoughts! So I decided that an art journal in which I combine both journalist and art would be the best fit for me.  If you are curious about this, I would suggest checking out the lovely and talented Rachel over at Artful Evidence.  She was a huge inspiration in my trying my hand at art journaling. 

Supplies:  Paint (American Crafts, Apple Crate, Golden Gel Medium); Ink (Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Archival Ink); Stamps (Stampin' Up! Sense of Time, Hero Arts); Sizzix (Tim Holtz Alterations Gadget Gears);  Tissue Paper (Celebrations)

No comments:

Post a Comment