Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Countdown!

Hello Everyone!  I thought I would drop in and share with you a little project that I have been working on for a little while and finished and then immediately put to use.  It is a Halloween Countdown decor project.  In my home, Halloween in celebrated all month long, so I decided it was time we had one that officially counted down to the very special day.  So here is what it looks like:

 I found the frame at my local dollar store and came home and spray painted it with black glitter spray paint.  By the way, that glitter spray paint stuff is TERRIBLE - it was a pain to use and I will be avoiding it in the future...... And here are some close ups:



I originally wanted to you the hitch fasteners to hang my little tombstone tags on, but I did not have any so I used some binder clips instead!  The little skeletons and heads I got from Michael's in their Halloween section.  The beware sign was cut using the Tim Holtz Hanging Sign Die and then I embossed it in distress powder and then put distress ink over it.  The letters and number were cut using my Haunted House Cricut Cartridge.  And then I decorated it a bit more using some of the spider webbing and spiders that are also found widely at Halloween Time.

Supplies:  Haunted Halloween Cricut Cartridge, Bleeding Cowboy TTF (Fonts/Lettering); Tim Holtz Hanging Sign Die, Spellbinders Tombstone (Die Cuts); Graphic45 (Pattern Paper); Bazzill (Glazed Cardstock);

No comments:

Post a Comment