Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Inspired Mini Album

Hello!  I know that is has been a while since I have posted, kinda stinks, okay maybe stinks a lot.  But today I am here and sharing another mini album that I have made recently.  I love fall - particularly the colors that fall brings out, the oranges, greens, browns, yellows, and reds in rich regal tones, so yummy.  So with that inspiration, I made a mini album out of an envelope and card pack from Michaels.  In keeping with the theme of fall, I covered the cover of the mini album in fabric and burlap and gave it a twine ribbon binding.  Yummy yummy stuff.  And here is what the inside looks like:







The part that I really enjoyed was making these awesome leaves for the mini album.  A little while back I got a stamp set from Paper Trey Ink with the intention of making UTEE leaves.  And that is what these little bad boys are.  I first die cut out the shape of the leaves and then embossed them with three layers of UTEE - once I had heated the UTEE for the third time, I then stamped the leaf skeleton into the UTEE after I had inked the stamp.  This was a SUPER messy process - in fact portions of my desk are still UTEEd from doing this, but it was definitely worth.  Even my husband thought the leaves were super cool and totally worth the mess (never stated something truer really).
And because I know you are still reading my post at this point (probably not, i'm a picture looker too), I thought it might be fun to share some things about this mini:

1.  I used Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink and Frayed Burlap to ink all the edges of the paper - I also managed to die TONS of paper and myself in Festive Berries Distress Ink.  I loved how it added to the look of the fall colors of the mini album, but that Festive Berries is bright and definitely, be warned!
2.  I had a lot of inspiration from YouTube.  The idea for the use of the envelopes and cards came from .  The idea for the little diagonal belly band came from .
3.  That yummy seam binding came from my friend Julie the PaperBagLady on Etsy.

Supplies:  (Paper) DCWV Autumn Splendor, Stampin' Up! Garden Green Cardstock; (Ink) Ranger Distress Ink Festive Berries, Ranger Distress Ink Frayed Burlap; (Stamps) Stampin' Up! Day of Gratitude, Paper Trey Ink Leaf Prints Stamp Set; (Fabric) Burlap, Stampin' Up! Orchard Harvest Fabric, Seam binding from ThePaperBagLady; (Tools) Martha Stewart Doily Punch, Paper Trey Ink Leaves Dies, Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle Grand Die, Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag Die

No comments:

Post a Comment