Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A monogramed gift, gift bag, and why my husband rocks.

One of two besties turns 26 this Friday.  We generally do not exchange gifts for anything, just never really have.  However, I wanted to get something for her this year, it's been a tough year for her, but I have been at a loss on what to get her.  I know she would appreciate everything and anything that I gift her with, I just didn't know what.  That is when I decided to make these.

Supplies:  Tiles (Lowes), Ink (Tsukineko StazOn), Stamps (Unity Create Today and Insightful Meadows), Letter (ProvoCraft Blackletter Cartridge, Gypsy)

And a close-up

They were so easy to make!  I made all four in the matter of an hour or so from start to finish.  Each is backed with adhesive backed cork to make sur ethey do not scratch any surfaces.  The monogram was created using a stencil I created using my Gypsy, Cricut, and Blackletter font cartridge.  The idea came from this tutorial by Gina K and found on StampTV.ning.  If you would like a tutorial on how I made the monogramed coaster tiles, please let me know, as I plan on making more for myself!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper (Imagination Project, Left over scraps); Tag (Unknown), Stamps (Unity August 2010 KOM, Unity September 2010 KOM), Eyelets (Unknown Company); Ink (Tsukineko, Ranger Distress); Ribbon (Unknown); Die (Spellbinders); Cardstock (Bazzill)
And because it is my friend's birthday, I wanted to wrap them.  Who doesn't like unwrapping a present?  I got the tutorial on making the bag from a single piece of 12x12 paper at ScrapWhispers and can be found here.

And this is why my hubby rocks.  The tag was his idea.  I was not sure how to decorate the bag, or if I should just leave it plan.  His suggestion "I think that a vintage tag would go with the bag, you should make  vintage tag."  And thus the gift tag was born!

2 comments:

  1. Cute gift she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift, love that you even made that gorgeous bag, I hope she was delighted in receiving this gift. Love all stamping as well Unity has such beautiful stamps.

    ReplyDelete