Thursday, March 17, 2011

Honored Recipient of a Blog Award and a little Share

The other day, when checking comments (which I do not do every day to be honest), I saw a little comment by Emily Leiphart.  I stumbled across Emily as part of a Unity Stamp Company Friends with Flair blog hop.  I was inspired by her work, it is always so beautiful, clean, and just inspiring.  Truly a very talented and creative woman.  Well Emily, left a comment letting me know that I had won a Blog award.  (Emily, you taught me what Blog Awards are!)  She named me as a recipient of the Liebster Blog Award.
The purpose of this award?  To identify other bloggers in the blogging community who may not have very many followers, but have inspiring work.  In honor of that, I will pass this on.

1. Debbie Tehrani.  She designs for Color Combos Galore, and her work is just AMAZING, I love all her texture, layers, colors, everything.  Not to mention she is just wonderful!
2.  Fi.  I know her just as Fi, and her work is also gorgeous.  Lots of texture, color, flair, pizzaz! 
3.  Nora.  I have been internet scrap buddies with Nora for ages now.  And recently she sent me a beautiful card.  She makes beautiful cards and I love looking at her works of art!

Take a gander at these lovely ladies work, I promise you it will be well worth it and result in your going back again and again!

__________________________________________________________________________________

And my share for today....


I completed this layout for a challenge over at Scrapjazz.com.  The challenge was to create a layout in which you use stitching in part of your title.  I wasn't sure what to do, then one night while trying to fall asleep, the phrase "Let Them Eat Cake" popped into my head, and I knew EXACLTY what I was going to do.  I am very happy with the turn out! 
And for those that like a little bit of story picture background......
My husband had NO idea I was gonna shove the cake in his face.  We never talked about it before we got married (to be honest there was a week between proposal and marriage), so he was more than shocked when he opened his mouth to be fed some cake and got a face and nose full of it.  His only comment later was that his head hurt because of cake in his sinuses!  poor guy, he married........

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned Paper (Unknown - left over bits from other layouts), Flower (Prima), Flourishes (Basic Grey, Me and My Big Ideas, American Crafts), Journaling block (Pink Paislee), Letters (American Crafts), Font (Bickham Script Pro), Paint (Delta), Spray (Tattered Angels)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for you Blog Award, so glad that you find my pages inspiring. I've not heard of blog awards before either, since blogging is so new to me. So I am sending you a big HUG of thanks.

    Love this page, what a great story behind your photos and yes poor guy imagine having to suffer cake sinus's...lol. I love how the paper you used captures the fun of that moment and the stitched titles looks beautiful, you did such a great job. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete