Friday, August 30, 2013

Colorblocking Fun

I realize that colorblocking is an old technique, however, it was/is new to me as I have never used the technique.  Recently, Scrapjazz hosted a challenge that involved colorblocking, and I wanted to share with you what I had come up with. So here it is:

Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Pattern Paper (My Mind's Eye, Hambly, Prima); Embellishments (Mon Ami Gabby, Echo Park, Pink Paislee); Other Supplies (Fiskars)
 
I spent a lot of time laying out the blocks, measuring, cutting, and stitching.  And as a result, I did not want to cover up all that hard work which lead to me using a single photo and acetate.  I love the way that this layout turned out, although I have to admit, I may not do this very often because it takes SO MUCH TIME.  However, I can say that I did finally trying colorblocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment