Monday, November 5, 2012

Life Is Beautiful Canvas

I am so excited to share a project that I have been working on for years mentally and months physically.   I got the idea several years ago while in a craft store in which the canvas had other canvases layered on top of it.  It was a beautiful texturie canvas - and the idea stuck and stuck.  Well fast forward years later and this is what that inspiration turned into:

 I built this canvas using the wood blocks from stamps that I had unmounted.  I never parted with them because it felt like such a waste.  This canvas is a 16x20 base, and the large wood blocks are little more than 4x6 (designed for background stamps).  Here are some close ups of the canvas:




Isn't it gorgeous?  I cannot even begin to express how happy I am with this project.  I have been working on it on and off for months, putting it aside when I lost inspiration.  Here is a video of this same project:



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit and have a happy craft inspired day!

(Supplies):  Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, Tattered Angels, Glimmer Glaze, Tim Holtz Acrylic Paint, Jacquard Lumiere Paint (Inks and Pain); Stampin'  Up! Classic Ink Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Up! Classic Ink (Ink); Stampin' Up! punch, Stampin' Up! Four Frames Stamp set, Stampin' Up! Broadsheet Stamps





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Canvas, I bed it look fabulous on your wall.

    ReplyDelete