Thursday, September 30, 2010

Paper Scrap Storage

If you're anything like me, you have more paper scraps than you do everything else in your arsenal combined.  Well I can be very thrifty sometimes, and wanting to be as green friendly as possible, I shrink at the idea of throwing away paper scraps, besides my paper is so pretty!  Well, I always need storage that will keep my scraps open and available to me.  So, this is what I have done.

1.  Photo Box turned Scrap saver
    • I converted a photo box into my scrap saver box.  I just cut some tag board to the dimensions of the box for each color in the rainbow plus one for white CS, black CS, vellum, journaling paper, and cream CS.  I then took my handy dandy Fiskars medium circle punch and punched a circle (out of my scrap pieces of course) for each color that I wanted to have  section.  I adhered them to the piece of tagboard so that I could see them.
    • Any piece of paper 10x4 or smaller goes into this box 

    2.  Iris Scrapbook Carrier
    • I did the same thing for this one, a piece of scrap paper for each designated color was cut to fit inside of a filing tab.  These were attached to the large hanging file folders that Iris makes for their scrapbook box.  Anything that won't fit inside my table top box, goes here.  
    • The nice thing about this box is that it has a nifty tray that fits on top, you can put tools, or like I do, all my thin long pieces that turn into journaling strips.  It can all be locked together and carried away!

    What I love about these ideas, well I know exactly where to find which color now.  Easy to find AND easy to file!

        1 comment:

        1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I use a similar scrap saving idea but it's overflowing...lol. Looking forward to seeing the projects you post. Have a nice weekend!
          =D

          ReplyDelete