Friday, August 10, 2012

Spellbinders + Storage = Crafty Love Fun

I have been posting a lot of layouts and cards lately, which I know is the reason that you stop by.... and today I wanted to share with you how I store my Spellbinders and other similar dies.  An important thing for me these days is compact and highly accessible storage - living in the Bay Area doesn't really compute anything else.  I originally stored all my dies on Cling Mount Foam Sheets with magnet sheets all held inside one of my binder boxes.  For whatever reason, I hated it.  Just loathed it with a passion all it's own.  So, while I was surfing the internet trying to find a better way to store my dies other than hanging them using various peg type dealies on the wall, I found Becca's website in which she details her storage of die, here is the link to her place: http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/spellbinders-storage/.  I loved it!  Even the awesome labels, eventhough I am not that motivated or organized.  Either way, based off of her sharing, this is how I store mine.

1.  Grand Nestabilities
As you may already know, Grands are very large, and definitely will not fit into something like Becca's system.  Neither will they fit into CD/DVD cases.  So for those, I kept the packaging that the Grands came with, and simply added 8x10 magnet sheets to the back of the image sheet with the different dies.  This way I know which dies are which (meaning their names) and on the back side they are stored.  Here are some photos:


 2.  Nestabilities, Sizzix Framelits, PaperTrey Ink Dies
For the rest of my dies, which are not nearly are HUGE as the grands, they are stored in either empty CD or DVD Jewel cases.  I got my DVD cases from the same place that Becca got hers at a very reasonable price.  The CD cases I already had from the several PTI stamp sets I have before they started switching over.  All of these cases are stored in a Really Useful Box storage box, and as you can tell, it holds quite a few.
Each CD jewel case can hold two sets of spellbinders - as long as they are not too long (like the Long Rectangles or some of the labels sets).  If it is a large set, one jewel case will hold one set.  This is what is looks like.
 Each DVD case will hold two large sets as well.  I also store my scalloped and inverted edge nestabilities in these - mainly because of the way they are designed, stacking them inside one another isn't possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment