Friday, February 24, 2012

MAS Recipe Swap and My Cards

I recently joined a Recipe Swap on my swapping site Mini Album Scraps.  This is a huge first for me, I normally don't do these or have any interest in them, but I figured, why not?  I'm a huge cooking fan, I love to cook, and use recipes, so it is important that the cards be functional.  Also, I am a very very messy cook, I do not have a single recipe that is still untouched by food things in my recipe box.  Because of this, I had to think very hard about how I was going to make a pretty card, but have a recipe that was:
1.  Large Enough to Read Easily
2.  Pretty and Functional

While trolling YouTube looking for ideas, I remembered seeing a tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers for a pocket type card - The Criss Cross Card.  And this is what I came up with:




I made my own pattern paper using one of my all time favorite stamp sets by Unity Stamp Co  in four different complimenting colors.  All the color of the papers that I choose to use were matched with those colors.  The one thing that I did do differently was that because I did not want to glue the edges together to make the pocket, I made gussets out of paper and put those on either side of the pocket so that the card could slide in and out nicely.  I did not have to go out and purchase anything special - score for me AND all 5 of these guys were put together in about 3 hours or so.  

I hope you enjoyed!

Supplies:  Bazzill (Cardstock); Stampin' Up! (Cardstock); Prima (Flowers); Bling (Stuiod 18); Stampin' Up! Basic Black, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive (Ink); Stampin' Up! Four Frames (Stamp); Unity Stamp Co (Stamps); Spellbinders Tab (Diecut); Stampin' Up! (Punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment